- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected. We will ask for your full name and email address when you sign up for email alerts.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes, such as when you sign up for email alerts and/or join the Rx Lifestyle Groups.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Therefore, you assume this risk by using our website.
How we handle, collect and protect your information:
The Rx Lifestyle Groups is our community forums where users can interact with other users to stay motivated and help one another transition to a healthier lifestyle. These groups are hosted on Facebook and the collection, handling and protection of your data is governed by their Privacy Page and Data Policy. The information you may be asked to provide may include, but is not limited to, your full name, email address, physical address, IP address, phone number, as well as details including gender, occupation, location, and other demographic information, time, date, browser used and browsing activity.
For more information about how your personal date is collected, handled, stored and protected, please see Facebook’s Privacy Page and Data Policy.
For purchases through our shopping cart, we utilize PayPal for order and payment processing, and therefore none of this information will be stored on our website or our website’s server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
How do we use your information:
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience
- To improve our website
- To improve customer service
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to www.PrescriptionLifestyle.com updates, which include posts pertaining to new recipes, events or blog posts, as well as information about the Rx Lifestyle Groups.
We may also release your information when we believe the release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Other information we collect:
When we are required to share your Personally Identifiable Information:
We will disclose personal information where required to do so by law or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of our website; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Prescription Lifestyle, LLC, our users or others. Requests by law enforcement must comply with all laws, particularly those protecting user information, and must clearly explain the legal need for release, how it relates to specific investigations and accounts involved in those investigations and whenever legally permitted.
Do Not Track Clause:
Prescription Lifestyle, LLC does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your internet browser may allow you to set the DNT signal so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked. Please contact or search the online support sections of your respective browser.
Links to Other Websites and Third Parties:
Blogs and Blog Comments:
Social Media Widgets:
PrescriptionLifestyle.com includes several social media features, such as the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube widgets. These features may collect your IP address, identify which page you’re visiting on our site, and they may set a cookie so that the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the respective privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance:
Your privacy is very important to us, therefore we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
If you do not consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information as outlined in this statement, please do not provide any Personally Identifiable Information to PrescriptionLifestyle.com.
Prescription Lifestyle, LLC
P.O. Box 9006
Santa Rosa, CA 95405